Here is my collection of Indian curry recipes made using an
Indian Curries in
If you are wondering if Instant Pot is suitable for Indian cooking, the answer is an absolute YES. A stovetop pressure cooker is one of the most common kitchen appliances you will find in all Indian households. The
Vegan and Vegetarian Curries
These recipes are great if you are following a vegan diet. These recipes are perfect for gatherings and potlucks. These easy recipes are a great way to include healthy vegetables in your diet.
Potato Cabbage Curry
Pumpkin Chickpea Curry
Lauki Chana Dal Sabzi
Chickpea Spinach Curry
Potato Papaya Curry
Black-eyed Peas Curry
Whole Masoor Dal
Green Mung Bean Curry
Chayote Squash Curry
Kala Chana Curry
Egg and Meat Curries / Non-vegetarian Curries
Non-vegetarian food is a term commonly used in India for food that has meat, fish, or eggs in it. It is more commonly called non-veg food. Not just for food, it can be used for a person too. A person eating meat is a non-vegetarian in Indian English. Eggs are also not classified as vegetarian for Indians. Well, egg eaters are called "eggitarians".
Here are some easy egg and meat dishes that are great for weeknight meals, parties, or feeding a crowd. Browse through my chicken recipe collection here.
Shrimp Coconut Curry
If you tried any of this Instant Pot Indian Curry Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Kala Chana Curry (Black Chickpea Curry)
Soaking the black chickpeas:
- Wash the chickpeas thoroughly and pour fresh water. Soak them for 4-6 hours. You can also soak them overnight.
- Once they are soaked, drain all the water from them and set them aside.
Making the curry:
- Set Instant Pot in saute mode and add oil. Once it heats, add cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Once the cumin seeds begin to sizzle, add ginger, garlic, and green chili. Saute for one minute.
- Add the onions and saute for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the canned tomatoes, ground turmeric, red chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, sugar, and salt. Mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the soaked chickpeas along with 3 cups of water. Mix well and deglaze the pot.
- Secure the Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealing position. Put it in Bean/Chili for 20 minutes.
- Do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release. Carefully open the lid.
- Top with garam masala, cilantro, and lemon juice. Mix well and serve.