Here is my collection of the best Indian rice recipes that are made in the
Instant Pot for Indian cooking
The use of a stovetop pressure cooker is very common in Indian cooking. It is very common to cook dals, beans, and meat, as well as rice dishes like pulao, in a stovetop pressure cooker. Whether you're preparing dals, beans, meat, or rice dishes like pulao, the
Plain Rice in
Here are the basic and most commonly made white rice recipes that you can make in the
Sona Masoori Rice
Vegan Rice Recipes in
These recipes are perfect one-pot meals if you are following a vegan diet. Pair them with dal for a delicious and easy protein-balanced meal.
Coconut Milk Pulao
South Indian Cabbage Rice
Vegetarian Rice Recipes in
Here are some vegetarian recipes you can easily make in the
Paneer Peas Pulao
Sweet/Dessert Recipes in
Making Indian desserts in
Instant Pot Kheer
Chana Dal Payasam
Non-vegetarian Rice Recipes in
Non-vegetarian food is a term commonly used in India for food that has meat, fish, or eggs in it. It is more commonly called non-veg food. Not just for food, it can be used for a person too. A person eating meat is a non-vegetarian in Indian English. Egg too is not classified as vegetarian for Indians. Well, they are called "eggitarians".
Here are some easy meat dishes that are great for weeknight meals, parties, or feeding a crowd.
Instant Pot Vegetable Biryani
- 2 cup basmati rice
- 3 tablespoon ghee (use store-bought or homemade ghee)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic grated or ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 inch ginger grated or 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- ½ cup yogurt whisked
- 2 tablespoon cashew optional
- 1 tablespoon almonds optional
- 1-1½ teaspoon salt adjust as per taste
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon saffron
- 1 small potato chopped
- 1 small carrot chopped
- 6-8 green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup peas
- 8-10 florets cauliflower
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak in sufficient water for 30 minutes.
- Soak the saffron strands in warm milk. Set aside.
- Set Instant Pot in saute mode and add ghee.
- Add whole spices (black cumin, clove, green cardamom, black cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, pepper, star anise, and bay leaf) and saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions and saute until golden brown. Add ginger and garlic and saute for one minute. Add cashews and almonds and mix well.
- Add salt, turmeric, and chili powder and mix well. Add chopped vegetables and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add whisked yogurt. Mix well. Spread the vegetables to cover the IP. After this stage, do not mix.
- Add cilantro and mint leaves. Spread them over the vegetables.
- Drain water from the soaked rice and add to the IP. Spread evenly. Next, add the saffron milk.
- Add 2 cups of water gradually. It is important not to add all the water in one go as this may mix up the layering.
- Close the IP lid and seal the vent. Set the Instant Pot to pressure cook mode and cook for 5 minutes. Do a quick release of the pressure.
- Veg biryani is ready to be served.