Tandoori turkey steak is a flavorful and succulent dish that combines the juicy tenderness of turkey breast with the vibrant flavors of tandoori masala. The juicy goodness of turkey combines with the bold flavors of a fresh tandoori blend made using Indian spices in this easy
Why you will love this recipe?
- Flavorful and juicy: Tandoori turkey breast steak is packed with flavor, thanks to the aromatic spices in the marinade. The addition of yogurt works its magic, keeping the turkey irresistibly soft and juicy.
- Easy to make: This recipe is easy to follow and can be made in under an hour, including the marination time.
- A great holiday alternative: Perfect for festive occasions and Thanksgiving dinner, this tandoori turkey steak recipe offers a delicious and manageable alternative to a whole turkey roast. Enjoy the festive flavors without the stress of handling a whole bird, making it an ideal choice for holiday gatherings.
Turkey breast steak: These are boneless, skinless breast cuts of the bird.
Yogurt: Plain, unsweetened yogurt is a key ingredient in the marinade and helps keep the meat soft and juicy.
Spices: I am using garam masala, ground turmeric, and paprika.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Rest the tandoori turkey breast for 5-10 minutes before slicing. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a more tender and flavorful steak.
Don't overcook the turkey breast, as it can become dry and tough. Cook the turkey breast until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
With sides: Pair your tandoori turkey steak with soft naan bread or fragrant basmati rice to soak up the rich flavors. Add a refreshing side of cucumber raita for a cool contrast or a zesty mint chutney for an extra kick.
As an appetizer: Slice the tandoori turkey steak into bite-sized pieces and serve on skewers for a flavorful appetizer. Accompany it with a minty yogurt dip or a tangy tamarind chutney for a delightful start to your meal.
Absolutely! You can cook the tandoori turkey steak in a preheated oven. Adjust the oven temperature and cooking time as needed. Also, check the internal temperature using an instant-read thermometer.
Coconut milk or dairy-free yogurt can be excellent substitutes for traditional yogurt in the marinade to make this dish dairy-free.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Absolutely! Marinate the turkey in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you're ready to cook. This allows for convenient preparation and easy entertaining.
air fryer recipes
If you tried this Tandoori Turkey Breast Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Tandoori Turkey Steak
- 1 lb turkey breast steak
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- Lemon wedges and onion salad for serving
Marinate the turkey:
- In a mixing bowl, take all the marination ingredients - yogurt, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, turmeric, chili powder, kasuri methi, oil, and salt. Mix well, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the turkey to it and mix well. Cover and let it marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F (200 C) for 2 minutes.
- Place the turkey in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 400 F for about 6-7 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and ensure it reaches 165 F. Take care not to overcook them.
- Let them rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice them as desired. Place on a serving plate and top with cilantro and lemon juice. Serve hot.