Enjoy the natural sweetness of sweet potatoes with aromatic spices in this curry roasted sweet potato cubes. Made with simple ingredients in just 15 minutes, they have a crispy, caramelized exterior and a tender, flavorful interior.
The sweetness of the potatoes perfectly complemented the spicy curry seasoning. This versatile dish can be served as a snack, paired with main courses, or added to salads, soups, and grain bowls.
Why you will love this recipe?
- It is an easy side dish that the whole family can enjoy. Sweet potatoes are a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- It is easy to make. The ingredients are simple and the steps are straightforward. This
air fryersweet potato cubes recipe is perfect for busy weeknights.
- It is versatile. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste, and you can serve the air-fried sweet potato cubes as a perfect side dish or as a snack.
Sweet potato: Use large sweet potatoes. Large sweet potatoes will have more flesh and will be easier to cut into cubes.
Oil: I have used extra virgin olive oil in this recipe; however, coconut oil, avocado oil, or your favorite cooking oil can be used.
Seasoning: I am using curry powder, garlic powder, and salt.
Sweet and spicy: Toss the sweet potatoes in a mixture of brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of chili powder or cayenne pepper to create a sweet and savory spice blend.
Maple glazed: After air frying the sweet potatoes, toss them in a mixture of maple syrup and melted butter to create a deliciously sweet glaze that complements the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes.
Garlic parmesan: After air frying, toss the sweet potatoes with grated Parmesan cheese and minced garlic for a cheesy touch.
Italian seasoning: Use dry Italian seasoning instead of Indian spices in this savory sweet potato recipe and garnish with some fresh parsley.
Step 1: Wash and clean the sweet potato. Pat dry using a kitchen towel. Peel them and slice off both edges. Cut the sweet potato in half using a sharp knife. Place it vertically on the cutting board and cut it into three parts of about ½ inch thickness (images 1 and 2).
Step 2: Cut each part into ½ inch cubes. Repeat with the rest of the sweet potato and transfer the sweet potato chunks to a large mixing bowl (images 3 and 4).
Step 3: Add the olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt. Toss them well making sure all the cubes are well coated (images 5 and 6).
Step 4: Place the cubes in the
Use large sweet potatoes. They will have more flesh and will be easier to cut into cubes. Peeling the sweet potatoes will help them to cook evenly and will also remove some of the bitterness. Cut the sweet potato cubes as uniformly as possible to ensure even cooking.
Avoid overcrowding the
About halfway through the cooking time, shake the
Snack or appetizer: Serve the roasted sweet potatoes as a tasty and healthy snack or appetizer. You can pair them with a dipping sauce like a yogurt-based dip, honey-mustard sauce, or tangy salsa.
Using frozen sweet potato cubes for curry-roasted sweet potatoes is convenient and doesn't require defrosting. Simply place the frozen cubes in your
These curry roasted sweet potato cubes are meal prep-friendly and perfect for saving time on busy days. Allow them to cool fully before placing them in an airtight container. They can be refrigerated for 4-5 days or frozen for up to 3 months. Reheat by using an
air fryer recipes
If you tried this Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Curry Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes (Air Fryer)
Prep the sweet potatoes:
- Wash and clean the sweet potato. Pat dry using a kitchen towel. Peel them and slice off both edges.
- Cut the sweet potato in half. Place it vertically on the board and cut it into three parts of about ½ inch thickness (see pictures above).
- Cut each part into ½ inch cubes. Repeat with the rest of the sweet potato.
- Transfer the cut sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Toss them well making sure all the cubes are well coated.
- Place the cubes in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry at 400 F (200 C) for 12-15 minutes. Shake the basket once midway.
- Serve immediately.