Curried roasted carrots are a delectable side dish that combines the warmth of aromatic spices with the caramelized sweetness of tender roasted carrots. This simple and flavorful recipe has a balance of taste and texture, making it a versatile accompaniment to a variety of main courses.
Roasted curry carrots make a perfect side dish, complementing a variety of meals. Additionally, they are delicious when enjoyed on their own, providing a satisfying snack or appetizer.
Curry roasted carrots are a favorite of mine, and I love making them in an
Why you will love this recipe?
- Flavorful and delicious: The spices in curry powder infuse the carrots with a delicious and aromatic taste, elevating their natural sweetness.
- Convenient meal prep: These curry roasted carrots can be prepared in advance, making them an excellent option for meal planning.
- Easy and quick: This roasted curry carrots recipe is straightforward and requires minimal prep and cooking time, allowing you to enjoy these flavorful carrots without much effort.
What are Dutch carrots?
Dutch carrots, also called baby carrots or heirloom carrots, are long, thin varieties. Dutch carrots are smaller and more tender than regular carrots, and they are usually sold with their greens still attached. They come in various vibrant colors, including orange, purple, yellow, and white. Their natural sweetness and vibrant colors can add an appealing touch to the dish.
Carrots: Tender Dutch carrots or baby carrots are the main ingredient to make roasted curry carrots.
Spices: I use curry powder to make curry roasted carrots. Use homemade or store-bought curry powder for this recipe.
Other ingredients: Cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Step 1: Wash and pat dry the carrots. Peel them and trim the crown. Place them in a wide bowl.
Step 2: In a small bowl, mix extra virgin olive oil, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Pour the spice mixture over the prepared carrots. Toss until the carrots are evenly coated.
Step 4: Place the carrots in the
Look for baby carrots with vibrant colors, smooth skin, and fresh green tops, where possible. Selecting carrots that are firm and free from blemishes will ensure the best flavor and texture.
These carrots often come with their green tops attached. Trim off the tops, leaving a small portion for presentation. Gently peel the carrots using a vegetable peeler.
Don't overcrowd the
What to serve with curried roasted carrots?
Roasted chicken or lamb: The warm spices of the curry roasted carrots complement the flavors of grilled or roasted chicken or lamb dishes. The combination creates a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
Baked salmon: The flavors of the curried carrots can provide a delicious contrast to the richness of baked salmon.
Grain-based dishes: Serve curry roasted carrots alongside grain-based dishes such as quinoa, sorghum, or red rice. The carrots can provide a colorful and flavorful element to complement the grains. Top with some peanut chutney for added taste.
More recipes using curry powder
If you tried this Curried Roasted Carrots Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Curried Roasted Carrots
- Wash and pat dry the carrots. Peel them and trim the crown. Place them in a wide bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the spice mixture over the prepared carrots. Toss until the carrots are evenly coated.
Air fryer instructions:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F (205 C).
- Place the carrots in the air fryer basket and spread them out in a single layer.
- Air fry the carrots for 10-12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through until they are tender and lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove the carrots from the air fryer and garnish them with fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy your delicious curried roasted carrots as a tasty and healthy side dish.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Spread the carrots out in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the carrots in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender and lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and garnish them with fresh cilantro.
- Enjoy your delicious curried roasted Dutch carrots as a tasty and healthy side dish.