Sweet, crisp-tender, and utterly irresistible, these air fryer beets with aromatic spices are a quick and easy side dish that's perfect with main meals like grilled chicken. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes, you can have this curry roasted beets on the table.
Why you will love this recipe?
- This curry roasted beets recipe is so quick and easy to make you'll be able to whip it up on even the busiest weeknights.
air fryerbeets are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The spicy seasoning gives them a delicious kick that will keep you coming back for more.
- Air fryer beets can be enjoyed as a side dish, snack, or appetizer. They're also great for adding to salads, bowls, and wraps.
Beets: Use fresh and firm beets. Peel and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Spices: I am using homemade curry powder to season the beets.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Salt and pepper: Season the beets with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Sweet and spicy: Toss the beets in a mixture of brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of chili powder or cayenne pepper to create a sweet and savory spice blend.
Lemon herb: Drizzle the cubes with a little olive oil and toss them in a mixture of fresh minced herbs like rosemary or thyme, along with some lemon zest for a refreshing and aromatic flavor.
Step 1: Wash and peel the beets. Cut them into 1-inch pieces. Transfer the beets into a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and curry powder. Toss them well, making sure the beets are coated.
Step 2: Transfer the beets into a single layer in the
Step 3: Air fry at 400 F for about 15-18 minutes or until the beets are cooked through and the top begins to get crispy.
Ensure the beets are evenly cut to promote consistent cooking. For this easy roasted beets recipe, I am cutting them into small ½-inch cubes.
Arrange the beets in a single layer in the
Check for doneness after about 15 minutes. They should be fork-tender. Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the beet and the
Air fryer roasted beets with Indian spices go well with many main courses like grilled chicken or grilled shrimp, and you can enjoy them with mint yogurt sauce for a delicious combination. You can also use these air fried beets in salads, wraps, sandwiches, or grain bowls to make a satisfying meal.
Look for beets that are firm and have smooth skin. Avoid beets that have soft spots or blemishes.
Yes, you can freeze
air fryer vegetable recipes
If you tried this Air Fryer Beets / Curry Roasted Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Air Fyer Beets / Curry Roasted Beets
- Wash and peel the beets. Cut them into quarters. Cut each quarter into 1-inch pieces. Repeat with the rest.
- Transfer the beets into a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and curry powder. Toss them well, making sure the beets are coated.
Air Fryer Method:
- Transfer the beets into a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket.
- Air fry at 400 F for about 15-18 minutes or until the beets are cooked through, and the top begins to get crispy.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the seasoned beets to the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the beets are cooked through and the top begins to get crispy.