Chicken nuggets are a classic comfort food that kids and adults alike love. But why not give them a unique and flavorful spin using Indian spices? This recipe for homemade chicken nuggets with Indian Spices is easy to follow and produces crispy and delicious nuggets that are perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce.
This flavorful and golden chicken nugget is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Homemade nuggets are a delicious and unique way to enjoy classic comfort food that is better than fast food restaurants.
Why you will love this recipe?
- Bold and unique flavor profile: This homemade chicken nugget recipe is infused with a bold and unique flavor profile thanks to the use of Indian spices.
- Tender and juicy interior: These easy homemade chicken nuggets have a tender and juicy interior, achieved by marinating it in yogurt, which helps tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor.
Chicken: Use boneless skinless chicken breast cut into even-sized pieces.
Coating: I use all-purpose flour, egg, and breadcrumbs to coat the marinated chicken. You can replace regular breadcrumbs with panko breadcrumbs.
See the recipe card for full information on other simple ingredients and quantities.
Cheesy: Mix grated Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, or mozzarella cheese into the breading mixture to create a cheesy chicken nugget.
Onion-garlic: Use one teaspoon each of onion powder and garlic powder along with other seasonings in this recipe.
Italian seasoning: For a delicious Italian-inspired variation, use a generous sprinkle of Italian herbs, like basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary.
Step 1: Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch pieces and place the pieces of chicken in a large mixing bowl. To this, add whisked yogurt, minced garlic, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well, making sure the chicken pieces are well coated. Cover and let it sit for 10-15 minutes (images 1 and 2).
Step 2: Take each chicken piece and coat it in the flour (image 3). Next, dip the piece of chicken in the whisked egg mixture (image 4). Place it over the breadcrumb mixture and coat the chicken with the crumbs (image 5).
Step 3: Place the coated chicken on a plate or tray. Repeat with the rest of the chicken pieces. Let the coated chicken sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. This helps the coating stick to the chicken (image 6).
Step 4: Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil (or any neutral oil) in a deep saucepan or
Cut the chicken pieces into uniform sizes to ensure even cooking. This also helps create consistent nugget shapes.
Keep your breading station well-organized. Set up a dry hand and a wet hand to coat the chicken pieces. This helps avoid clumping and makes the breading process smoother.
Once you have breaded the nuggets, place them in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes. This will help to prevent the breading from falling off when you cook the chicken nugget.
What to serve with chicken nuggets?
To store leftovers, allow them to cool to room temperature. Then, place them in an airtight container or a resealable freezer bag, separating individual pieces with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. Reheat in an oven, toaster oven, or
Yes, homemade chicken nuggets can be frozen. To do so, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, transfer to an airtight container or a resealable freezer-safe bag, separating layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Frozen nuggets can be stored for up to 1-2 months. When ready to use, bake or air fry them from frozen until they are fully heated through.
To make them gluten-free, use cornstarch instead of all-purpose flour and gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed cornflakes for breading.
Preheat the oven to around 400 F (200 C). Place the nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a lightly greased baking rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the nuggets are golden brown and cooked through. Cool them on a wire rack before serving.
Yes. To air fry crispy chicken nuggets, brush oil or cooking spray in the
More chicken snack recipes
If you tried this Chicken Nuggets Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Indian-Spiced Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut int 1-inch pieces)
- Oil for deep frying
Marinate the chicken:
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-inch pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- To this, add whisked yogurt, minced garlic, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well making sure the chicken pieces are well coated. Cover and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
Coat the marinated chicken:
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour and salt. Mix well.
- In another shallow bowl, crack the egg and beat it. Spread the panko crumbs on a wide plate.
- Take each chicken cube and coat it in the flour. Next, dip it in the whisked egg. Place it over the panko and coat the chicken well with the crumbs.
- Place the coated chicken on a tray. Repeat with the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Let the coated chicken sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. This helps the coating stick to the chicken.
Fry chicken nuggets:
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a deep saucepan or frying pan. To check if the oil is ready, drop a small piece of panko in it. It should sizzle and immediately come to the top.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully drop the chicken in it in batches. Fry until they are crispy and golden. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Transfer the fried chicken to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with dip of your choice.