A tamarind margarita is a refreshing cocktail that offers a unique blend of tangy tamarind, citrusy lime, and smooth tequila. In my recipe, I use spiced ginger syrup to sweeten the cocktail, which adds a subtle hint of heat and flavor.
Its sweet, sour, and spicy flavors create a well-balanced taste, while the chili-salt rim adds a delightful kick and complements the flavors of the drink. Perfect for hot summer days, this ginger tamarind margarita is a refreshing choice to cool down.
Why you will love this recipe?
- The tamarind margarita has a refreshing taste, perfect for quenching your thirst on a summer day.
- The addition of ginger syrup adds a layer of spice and heat to the cocktail, elevating its taste. The spicy notes of ginger syrup perfectly balance the tartness of tamarind and lime juice, creating a well-rounded flavor profile.
Making spiced ginger syrup
Spiced ginger syrup is a sweet and spicy syrup made with fresh ginger root, sugar, and whole spices. While regular ginger syrup primarily features the bold taste of ginger, spiced ginger syrup takes it a step further by infusing it with a combination of complementary spices.
Chili salt: Mix chili powder and kosher salt in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge, then gently roll it into the chili salt mixture.
Tamarind rim: This is a great way to add a touch of tamarind flavor to the rim of the glass. Spread a thin layer of tamarind paste on the rim of the glass and then dip it in a dish of salt or sugar.
Tamarind-mango: Blend tamarind pulp with fresh mango chunks, tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup to create a delicious and fruity variation of the margarita.
Tamarind pineapple: Blend tamarind pulp with fresh pineapple chunks, tequila, lime juice, and sweetener to create a refreshing and fruity variation.
Fresh salads: This drink's refreshing nature makes it a great match for fresh salads. Salads with a balance of sweet and tangy flavors, such as a mango and avocado salad or a citrus-based salad, are great pairings.
If you tried this Ginger Tamarind Margarita Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz tamarind paste (or 2 oz tamarind concentrate)
- 1 oz spiced ginger syrup (sub with simple syrup)
- ½ oz lime juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 lime wedge for garnish
- Mix the chili powder and salt together and place it on a small dish.
- Rub the rim of the chilled glass with lime and roll it in the chili-salt mixture.
- Combine tequila, tamarind paste, fresh lime juice, and ginger syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Fill it with ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour into the salt-rimmed glass. Garnish with a lime slice and serve chilled.