Spiced ginger syrup is a versatile and delicious ingredient that can be used to add a touch of sweetness and spice to your favorite drinks, desserts, and savory dishes. You can make your own spiced ginger syrup at home and use it in many different ways!
Why you will love this recipe?
- By incorporating a combination of spices, this ginger spice syrup achieves depth in its flavor profile.
- This spiced ginger syrup can be used in various ways, making it highly versatile. It can be a sweetener in beverages, adding a delightful spicy twist. It can also be incorporated into Indian cocktails.
- Making this syrup from scratch allows you to have control over the ingredients.
How to make spiced ginger syrup?
Make spiced ginger simple syrup by combining fresh ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and black pepper with water and raw sugar. Boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, strain, and cool. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Ginger intensity: Adjust the amount of ginger according to your preference for spiciness. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can reduce the quantity.
Sweetener: Various types of sugar can be used to make this ginger simple syrup. I like to use raw sugar, which gives the syrup a deeper color and a subtle caramel flavor. You can substitute granulated white sugar or cane sugar for a neutral sweetness, brown sugar for a rich and caramel-like taste, and coconut sugar for a unique twist. You can also use honey and maple syrup as natural alternatives to create honey ginger syrup and maple ginger syrup.
How to use ginger simple syrup?
Cocktails and mocktails: Incorporate spiced ginger syrup into both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to introduce a warm and aromatic element. I like to use it to make Moscow Mule, Mumbai Mule, or mezcal mule.
Sauces and glaze: Use this spiced syrup as an ingredient in sauces or glazes for savory dishes. It can add a unique depth of flavor to marinades, stir-fry sauces, or glazes for roasted meats or vegetables.
Salad dressings: Combine spiced ginger syrup with olive oil, vinegar, and other desired ingredients to create a flavorful dressing for salads. It adds a zesty and spicy kick to both green salads and fruit salads.
If you tried this Spiced Ginger Syrup Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Spiced Ginger Syrup
- Combine sugar, water, ginger, and whole spices in a saucepan. Place it on medium heat.
- Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat to low and steep for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down lightly.
- Strain and store in the refrigerator.