Madras mule is a variation of the classic Moscow mule. This refreshing cocktail combines vodka, ginger beer, coconut bitters, and mint leaves. It is also a good choice for parties or gatherings, as it is easy to make and can be easily scaled up to serve a crowd. Want more? Check out this recipe to make Mumbai mule.
My recipe here retains the elements of the Moscow mule but incorporates a hint of Indian flair through the addition of mint and coconut flavors. It offers a sweet and refreshing flavor profile with a touch of tanginess. Madras Mule is a delicious and easy-to-make cocktail that is perfect for any occasion.
Why you will love this cocktail?
- The Madras mule is a simple cocktail that requires few ingredients. This makes it a great option for parties or gatherings, as it can easily be scaled up to serve a large group.
- This cocktail strikes a perfect balance between sweet and tropical flavor elements. The combination of coconut bitters, ginger beer, and mint leaves creates a unique flavor profile that is sure to please.
Variations of Madras Mule
Pineapple: Muddle a few chunks of pineapple along with mint leaves. The combination of vodka, ginger beer, lime juice, and pineapple creates a fruity and refreshing flavor profile.
Jalapeno: For those who enjoy a spicy kick, add slices of jalapeño pepper to the cocktail. Muddle the jalapeno slices with the mint leaves to infuse the drink with heat.
Food pairing with Madras mule
Here are some food pairing options that complement the flavor and texture of this cocktail. I like to serve it with lighter protein elements such as fish or chicken rather than stronger meat like lamb.
Grilled shrimp skewers: Tandoori grilled shrimp marinated in spices and served on skewers provide a flavorful accompaniment to Madras mule.
Tandoori chicken skewers: The smoky and charred flavors of tandoori chicken tikka skewers make them an excellent accompaniment to this cocktail.
Desserts: Madras mule can be served as an excellent dessert cocktail and pairs well with cakes and pastries. My favorite pairing is a rich and decadent chocolate ganache cake or a rich brownie.
If you tried this Madras Mule Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Madras Mule Cocktail
- Muddle the mint leaves in a copper mug.
- Add vodka, lime juice, coconut syrup, coconut bitters, and ginger beer.
- Fill the mug with ice cubes and stir. Serve immediately.