Enjoy the irresistible flavor of spicy roasted chickpeas prepared in an
Why you will love this recipe?
- These roasted chickpeas turn out crispy and crunchy, providing a satisfying texture that makes them enjoyable to eat.
- This spicy roasted chickpeas recipe is straightforward and requires only a few simple ingredients and spices.
- These spicy roasted chickpeas can be enjoyed as a standalone snack, a topping for salads, or an addition to soups.
- They are a good replacement for roasted nuts.
Chickpeas: I have used canned chickpeas in this recipe. See the tips section below if you want to use dry chickpeas.
Spices: I use garlic powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and chili powder. See the variations section below for more options.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Chaat masala - Chaat masala is a salty-tangy spice blend that is used in most Indian street foods. Sprinkle a generous amount of chaat masala for a delicious twist.
Mexican - Use taco seasoning instead of Indian spices to make Mexican roasted chickpeas.
Mediterranean - Toss the garbanzo beans with Italian seasoning for a delicious Mediterranean twist.
Cinnamon sugar - Make crunchy, sweet chickpeas by tossing them in cinnamon sugar and roasting them.
Step 1: Drain all the liquid from the canned chickpeas. Spread them on a paper towel so that the excess moisture dries. Transfer the chickpeas into a bowl and add oil. Mix well to make sure all the chickpeas are coated.
Step 2: Next, add salt and spices - garlic powder, chili powder, turmeric, and garam masala. Mix well to coat all the chickpeas.
Step 2: Place the chickpeas in a single layer in the
Step 3: The chickpeas are done once they are golden and crispy.
Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Let it sit in a colander for a few minutes so that all the water drips. Then, pat dry the chickpeas using a paper towel. Drying the chickpeas is an important step. If there is moisture content, the chickpeas may explode when air frying.
Do not overcrowd the
Using canned chickpeas is very convenient and saves time. You can also use dry chickpeas. In that case, soak them overnight and pressure cook until they are well done. If you use an
Soak them in enough water for 6-8 hours (or overnight) and boil them in a pressure cooker or
The chickpeas will explode if there is any moisture content in them. It is important to drain all the water and dry them before roasting.
If they are not air-fried or baked for long enough, the chickpeas will remain soggy and not become crunchy. Make sure you bake them until they are crispy and dry.
Ensure that the roasted chickpeas have cooled completely before storing them. Transfer the cooled
Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried this Air Fryer Masala Chickpeas Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Air Fryer Chickpeas / Masala Roasted Chickpeas
- Drain all the liquid from the canned chickpeas. Spread them on a paper towel so that the excess moisture dries.
- Transfer the chickpeas into a bowl and add oil. Mix well to make sure all the chickpeas are coated.
- Next, add salt and spices - garlic powder, chili powder, turmeric, and garam masala. Mix well to coat all the chickpeas.
- Place the chickpeas in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 375 F (190 C) for 12-15 minutes. Shake the basket at around the 5-minute and 10-minute mark.
- The chickpeas are done once they are golden and crispy.