Tandoori naan pizza is an Indian-flavors-inspired fusion pizza that is made using naan bread as the base and is topped with marinated paneer, veggies, cheese, and yogurt sauce. Also called 'naanza', it is super easy to make with a few shortcut ingredients and super delicious.
This desi pizza is great for parties and is loved by both kids and adults alike. It can be made quickly and easily using store-bought naan. This pizza can be served as an appetizer or in the main course. Serve it with a side of cabbage salad for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Why you will love this recipe?
- This naan pizza is very easy to make and super delicious.
- It is a fun and unique recipe enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
- It can be served as an appetizer or as a main meal.
Ingredients and variations
Naan: I have used store-bought plain naan. Garlic naan or whole wheat naan can also be used here. You can also make naan at home with this easy recipe.
Paneer: Indian cottage cheese is the main topping. You can also replace it with extra firm tofu or use only vegetables for the topping.
Pizza sauce: I have used store-bought pizza sauce. The marinara sauce also works well.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Tandoori masala is the main spice blend and adds a nice smoky flavor to the pizza. It is easily available in Indian grocery stores and supermarkets. If you don't have access to it, substitute it with garam masala.
You can use frozen naan directly, and there is no need to defrost it before using it. I have used store-bought frozen naan in this recipe. It is very convenient and can be used straight from the freezer. You can also use homemade naan or a regular base. Skip the marinara sauce and use this garlic alfredo sauce instead for a variation!
This dish is great for meal prep. You can make and store the yogurt sauce in the refrigerator for up to three days. Marinate the paneer and store it in the refrigerator overnight (or for up to one day). Frozen naan can be used without the need to defrost it.
The yogurt sauce is optional and can be skipped. Replace red onions with spicy onion salad for a delicious variation. Instead of drizzling the yogurt sauce on top, use tandoori mayonnaise. You can get creative with the topping and add other veggies. I like to add this malai broccoli along with panner.
Never run out of ideas on what to serve with naan with this detailed guide. If you have leftover naan, don't worry. Check out these resources to learn how to freeze naan properly and the ultimate guide to reheating naan.
The cooking time in this recipe is based on frozen naan. If you change the base, adjust the cooking time accordingly depending on the base used. You can also make this paneer naan pizza using a gluten-free crust. Check out this recipe to make perfect gluten-free pizza dough.
Naan is a great option if you want to make a flatbread pizza. Naan bread makes an amazing fluffy pizza crust, and you can customize the toppings as per your preference. Like this easy and delicious recipe for leftover chicken flatbread pizza.
Naan Pizza in
You can make this naanza in both the oven and
To bake in the oven, see the step-by-step instructions below. To make it in an
Want a twist to this recipe? Why not try naanwich.
Yes. See the instructions in the above section.
Paneer is Indian cottage cheese and is easily available in Indian grocery stores outside of India. It is also available in many supermarkets.
Tandoori masala is a spice blend that is used in North Indian cooking, particularly in dishes that are made in a 'tandoor' (clay oven). It has a complex and strong flavor. The chili used in this spice blend is called Kashmiri red chili, which has a deep red color yet is not too spicy. This gives the tandoori dishes a nice, deep color. You can buy this spice mix in any Indian grocery store outside of India.
If you tried this Tandoori Paneer Naan Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Tandoori Paneer Naan Pizza
- 4 naan (I used store-bought)
- ½ cup pizza sauce (I used store-bought)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves (cilantro) for garnish, optional
- Make the yogurt sauce. Blend all the ingredients listed under yogurt sauce and store the sauce in the refrigerator
- In a small bowl, combine thick yogurt, tandoori masala, Kashmiri chili powder, and salt. Mix well making sure there are no lumps
- Add the paneer, onion, and capsicum. Mix well so that the marinade coats the paneer and veggies. Let it marinate for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 410 F (210 C)
- Place the frozen naan on baking trays. Spread pizza sauce evenly
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Add the marinated paneer and vegetables evenly to the naan
- Top with some more cheese
Bake / Air fry
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes
- Alternatively, place the assembled pizza in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 390 F for 8-9 minutes
- Take it out of the oven and drizzle the yogurt sauce
- Slice and serve hot