These crispy pasta chips are an Indian variation of the viral TikTok recipe. These masala pasta chips are super easy to make and are ready in under 30 minutes. Spices add a delicious kick, perfect for snacking with chutney or dip. A must-try snack!
The latest food trend taking TikTok by storm is crispy and crunchy pasta chips and for a good reason. I experimented with an Indian twist, and the results were a hit with everyone in my family. The aroma of the Indian spices infused into the crispy pasta chips as they sizzle and cook in the
Want more? Try this crispy and crunchy Indian-spiced popcorn chicken.
Why you will love this recipe?
- Addictive flavor profile: The masala seasoning adds a burst of flavorful spices that are savory, spicy, and aromatic, creating a tantalizing taste that keeps you coming back for more.
- Highly customizable: The recipe allows for a high degree of customization, with options to adjust the spices and seasoning to suit individual taste preferences.
- Easy and straightforward: The recipe is simple and straightforward, involving just a few simple steps.
Pasta: I used farfalle (bow-tie or butterfly pasta). However, you can use other types of pasta as per your preference.
Seasoning: The spices I used are garam masala, ground cumin, turmeric powder, and chili powder. You can adjust them as per your preference.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Here are some great options to add variations to bow tie pasta chips:
Gluten-free: Use gluten-free pasta instead of regular pasta to make them. You can also use lentil pasta or chickpea pasta and enjoy this pasta crisp.
Cheesy: Toss the pasta with parmesan cheese along with the spices. For a vegan version, use nutritional yeast.
Italian: Use Italian seasonings and herbs instead of Indian spices to season the pasta.
Onion-garlic: Add a generous amount of onion powder and garlic powder to the seasoning if you love these flavors.
Chaat masala: Chaat masala is a salty-tangy spice blend that is used in most Indian street foods. Sprinkle a generous amount of chaat masala on these chips for a delicious twist.
Step 1: Boil the pasta as per package directions. Make sure it is al dente and not over or undercooked. Drain the pasta using a strainer, transfer it to a large bowl, and let it cool down slightly.
Step 2: Add olive oil and spices - chili powder, ground cumin, garam masala, and ground turmeric. Also, add crushed kasoori methi and salt. Mix everything well, making sure the pasta is well coated with spices and oil.
Step 3: Preheat the
Step 4: Air fry at 400 F for 8-10 minutes. They may burn easily so keep an eye. Shake the pasta once at around 4 minutes. Crispy and golden brown chips are ready to be served.
To bake pasta chips:
- Boil the farfalle pasta in a large pot of salted water as per package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C) for 15 minutes. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cook and season the pasta as per this recipe.
- Place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet and place them in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Do not undercook the pasta noodles, as it will make the chips hard. At the same time, do not overcook it as this will make chips soggy and also chips will fall apart.
Do not overcrowd the
Adjust the air frying time depending on the type of pasta. Different pasta shapes take different times to turn golden brown. For example, penne pasta may take longer than bowtie pasta.
If you are planning to make them ahead, boil and season the pasta. Make sure they are not clumped together. Air fry them just before serving.
Serve them with marinara sauce, ranch dip, feta dip, or your favorite sauce.
While they taste best when eaten fresh, they can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days. Cool and store in an airtight container. Reheat for a couple of minutes in an
This can happen if there is any water content in the cooked pasta. Make sure you place them in a colander and drain all the excess water before adding the seasoning.
Air Fryer Recipes
If you tried this Air Fryer Pasta Chips / Masala Pasta Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Masala Pasta Chips (Air Fryer)
- Boil the pasta as per package instructions. Make sure it is al dente and not over or undercooked (see notes). Drain the pasta using a strainer.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and let it cool down slightly.
- Add olive oil and spices - chili powder, ground cumin, garam masala, and ground turmeric. Also, add crushed kasuri methi and salt.
- Mix everything well, making sure the pasta is well coated with spices and oil.
- Preheat the air fryer for 2 minutes.
- Spray some oil on the air fryer basket. Place the seasoned pasta in a single layer.
- Air fry at 400 F for 8-10 minutes. They may burn easily so keep an eye. Shake the pasta once at around 4 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve with your favorite dip