Indian flavors-inspired masala pasta is a delicious dish prepared with ease in the
Get ready to savor the delightful combination of Indian and Italian flavors with the
Why you will love this recipe?
- This Indian-style masala pasta cooked in the
Instant Potoffers a delightful combination of Indian spices and Italian flavors.
Instant Potreduces cooking time significantly, allowing for quick and easy preparation of masala pasta.
- I have included all the tips and tricks you need to get the perfect texture for the pasta. Cooking in the
Instant Potensures that the pasta cooks evenly and achieves a tender yet firm texture.
Ingredients to make masala pasta
Pasta: I have used penne pasta in this desi pasta recipe.
Tomato puree: Tomato puree, along with a small amount of tomato ketchup, is used for the pasta sauce.
Onion, garlic, and carrot: These, along with tomato, form the base of the pasta sauce.
Spices and herbs: I have used a mix of Indian and Italian spices and herbs - garam masala, red chili powder, oregano, and Kasuri methi.
I use grated carrots along with onion and garlic to form the base of the pasta. Adding grated carrots not only adds a mild sweetness to the sauce to balance the tang from the tomatoes, but it also adds thickness to the sauce and gives it the perfect texture.
It is important that we do not stir after adding the pasta. Add tomato puree on top and just spread it using a spatula. If there is any dry pasta on top, just push it into the liquid without stirring.
I have made this recipe in an 8-quart
The amount of liquid for 2 cups of dry pasta is 2½ cups (1 cup water and 1½ cup tomato puree).
Do a quick release of the pressure. This gives it the perfect al-dente texture. If you let the pressure release naturally, the pasta will overcook.
Click here to check out my recipe to make paneer lasagna in Instant Pot. It is a perfect vegetarian showstopper for your parties, gatherings, and family dinners.
The best part of making pasta in the
What to serve with masala pasta?
Garlic bread: Serve warm, crispy garlic bread on the side. It complements the flavors of the masala pasta nicely.
Salad: Prepare a fresh green salad that will provide a contrast to the flavors of the pasta. Our favorite is this cabbage salad.
Cool the pasta completely and place it in an air-tight container. Store it in the refrigerator for up to five days. You can reheat the pasta in either a microwave or on the stovetop. You can also top it with some cheese and reheat it in the oven at 320 F (160 C).
You can use an array of vegetables - carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, corn, basil, parsley, eggplant, olives, etc.
When cooking in an
If you tried this Masala Pasta Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Instant Pot Masala Pasta
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium carrot grated
- ½ cup bell pepper (capsicum) chopped
- 1½ cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala (use store-bought or homemade garam masala)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Kasoori methi
- 1 cup water
- Put the Instant Pot in saute mode and add olive oil.
- Once it heats, add onion and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add grated carrot and saute for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum, chili powder, garam masala, oregano, and salt. Mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup water and stir everything well.
- Add pasta, tomato puree, and tomato ketchup. Spread the tomato puree all over the pasta.
- Do not stir after adding the pasta. Push the dry pasta slightly so that it is covered in liquid.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and put the vent to seal.
- Set it to pressure cook and cook for 5 minutes. Do a quick release of the pressure and open the lid.
- Add crushed kasuri methi. Mix well and serve warm.
You may also like:
1. Mac and cheese without milk.
2. Gnocchi carbonara recipe.
3. Vegan mushroom pasta.
4. Pasta with broccoli.
5. 10 interesting things you must know about Italian pasta.