This masala chai martini is a lovely way to enjoy the flavors of chai tea in the form of an elegant cocktail. Homemade chai concentrate blends smoothly with vodka, and a hint of lemon juice adds a refreshing flavor.
I have fond memories of enjoying the chai martini. The comforting flavors of chai, blended with the smoothness of the cocktail and a citrusy touch of lemon juice, create pure indulgence. It is a go-to drink, perfectly suited for intimate gatherings or whenever I desire a sophisticated and flavorful experience.
Why you will love this recipe?
- The chai martini seamlessly combines the rich and aromatic flavors of traditional chai tea with the sophistication of a martini, resulting in a unique and delightful taste experience.
- The infusion of chai spices brings a comforting warmth to the cocktail, creating a cozy and inviting sensation with each sip.
Making chai concentrate
Chai concentrate, used for chai lattes, is a blend of brewed black tea and spices sweetened with sugar. While readily available in stores, homemade versions offer customization of spices and sugar levels. In this recipe, I use my homemade chai concentrate, but you can substitute it with store-bought options like Tazo chai concentrate.
Here are some options to rim the martini glass. My favorite is the Marie biscuit rim.
Cinnamon sugar rim: Mix granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of the martini glass with a lemon wedge, then gently roll it into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Crushed biscuit rim: Crush Marie biscuits and spread them out on a plate. Moisten the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge, then dip it into the crushed biscuit crumbs. This replicates the dunking of biscuits in tea.
From classic gin to fruity twists, martini variations offer a spectrum of flavors that cater to every palate and occasion. My other favorites are this blood orange martini and this 3-ingredient lemon drop martini - both perfect to add a stylish touch to quiet evenings.
Food pairing with chai martini
Desserts: Enhance the chai flavors of the martini by pairing it with desserts like tiramisu, chocolate mousse, gingerbread, or cardamom-infused cakes.
If you tried this Chai Martini Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
Spiced Chai Martini
- 2 fl oz vodka
- 1 fl oz chai concentrate cooled
- ½ fl oz lemon juice
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Ice cubes as needed
For the rim:
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the ground cinnamon and sugar together and place it on a small dish. Rub the rim of the chilled glass with lime and roll it in the cinnamon sugar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add vodka, chai tea concentrate (or cooled brewed chai tea), fresh lemon juice, and a dash of ground cinnamon to the shaker.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for about 30 seconds to chill the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a martini glass.
- Top with a cinnamon stick and serve immediately.