Refreshing and vibrant blackberry lassi is a delicious variation of the classic mango lassi. Made with just three ingredients, this creamy and tangy drink is a delightful way to enjoy fresh and juicy summer berries.
Blackberry lassi is one of the easiest and perfect ways to enjoy summer berries. Lassi is a classic Indian yogurt-based drink made by blending yogurt, water, and spices. It is an Indian version of a smoothie and has two main varieties - sweet lassi and salty lassi. Sweet lassi has sugar and sometimes fruits blended with yogurt, whereas salted lassi has salt and spices blended with yogurt.
The most popular lassi with fruit is mango lassi, made by blending yogurt, mango, and sweetener. Here is a twist to the classic fruit lassi. It is really simple to make, takes just 5 minutes, and involves no cooking. It is such a healthy way to cool down on hot summer days.
Why you will love this blackberry lassi recipe?
- Refreshing, vibrant, and delicious: With its sweet and tangy flavor, blackberry lassi is a refreshing and satisfying drink that can quench your thirst and satisfy your taste buds.
- A unique and lovely way to enjoy summer berries: Blackberry lassi is a unique and flavorful way to enjoy fresh summer berries.
- So easy to make and ready in 5 minutes: You can make blackberry lassi in just a few minutes with a blender and a few simple ingredients.
Blackberries: This is the key ingredient.
Yogurt: Use plain whole milk yogurt to make creamy lassi. Thick yogurt will help make the lassi creamy. Low-fat yogurt can also be used for a lighter version.
Sweetener: Sugar is the most common sweetener used. It can be replaced with honey, maple syrup, or any sweetener of your choice.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Step 1: Combine blackberries, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender jar.
Step 2: Blend well until it is smooth. Adjust the sweetness as needed. As an optional step, pass the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds.
Step 3: Place ice cubes in a serving glass and pour the lassi over it. Top with a mint leaf and serve immediately.
You can pass the lassi through the sieve to remove any seeds. I usually skip this step and serve straight from the blender.
Use cold yogurt straight from the fridge for best results. If you use milk (or water) to thin the lassi, use cold milk straight from the fridge.
To make vegan blackberry lassi, replace yogurt with cashew yogurt, coconut yogurt, or any dairy-free plain yogurt. If needed, use coconut milk to thin it out.
Greek yogurt can be used for this drink; however, adjust the consistency of the lassi by adding a little milk or water in that case.
More yogurt-based summer drinks
If you tried this Blackberry Lassi Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below.
- Combine blackberries, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar in a blender jar. Blend well until it is smooth. Adjust the sweetness as needed.
- As an optional step, pass the mixture through a sieve to remove the seeds. I usually skip it and serve straight from the blender.
- Place ice cubes in a serving glass and pour the lassi over it. Top with a mint leaf and serve immediately.