Eggless banana pancakes recipe with step-by-step photos.
About this recipe
Banana pancakes are prepared with overripe bananas as the main ingredient. Made with just a handful of ingredients, these fluffy and soft eggless pancakes are ready in less than 20 minutes.
The recipe I am sharing is eggless/egg-free. The classic pancakes are made with eggs; however, these are made without eggs. Here, the simple ratio is one egg replaced by one banana. Overripe bananas work best for this dish. The rich banana flavor complemented with a subtle hint of fennel is perfect.
Banana pancakes are so quick and easy to make, they make a great weekday breakfast. And they are so delicious, you will love them on lazy weekends. I’d say they are perfect for any time of the day!
Bananas: Overripe bananas make the most delicious pancakes.
Flour: I use plain flour for this dish.
Milk: I use whole milk. However, it can be replaced with skim milk.
Sugar: I use raw sugar, but plain sugar also works for this dish. You can also use jaggery powder to sweeten the pancakes.
Fennel seeds: This is an optional ingredient; however, I highly recommend not skipping it. Fennel seeds add a beautiful flavor to them.
Tips and tricks
Do not overmix the batter. Gently mix it only until everything is incorporated. Overmixing it will lead to gluten development and may make the pancake rubbery.
The key to getting soft and fluffy pancakes is to let the batter rest. It just needs 5 minutes of resting time before you begin making the pancakes.
I add a small amount of fennel seeds which adds a nice flavor. You may choose to skip it. You may also use vanilla extract instead.
I like to serve them with maple syrup and berries. You can also dust them with icing sugar or serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an indulgent breakfast.
Click here for more breakfast recipes.
These banana pancakes are:
- soft and fluffy
- great way to use overripe bananas
- very easy to make and ready in 15 minutes
- perfect for weekday breakfast
Step by step instructions
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and fennel seeds in a bowl. Set it aside
2. Mash the banana in a bowl until pulpy
3. Add melted butter and sugar. Mix well
4. Add ¾ cup milk and mix well
5. Add the flour mixture to this and mix well
6. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes
7. Heat a frying pan or griddle and add butter. Pour around ¼ cup of the pancake mixture and let it cook until there are bubbles on top
8. Flip over and cook the other side. Add some butter
Eggless Banana Pancakes
- 2 bananas overripe
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds saunf
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ - 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter plus extra for frying the pancakes
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and fennel seeds in a bowl. Set it aside
- Mash the banana in a bowl until pulpy
- Add melted butter and sugar. Mix well
- Add ¾ cup milk and mix well
- Add the flour mixture to this and mix gently
- The mixture should be of pouring consistency. If it gets too thick, add 2-3 tablespoon milk
- Heat a frying pan or skillet and add butter. Pour around ¼ cup of the pancake mixture and let it cook until there are bubbles on top
- Flip over and cook the other side. Add some butter
- Serve hot with berries and maple syrup
Click here to watch banana pancakes web story.